Tomorrow we are homeowners again. We close on our new house at 9am and then I will spend the rest of the day painting as many rooms as possible. The Ya-Ya is here to watch the kid so I'll be free to spend the entire day at the new house transforming almond colored walls into a technicolor wonder. The paint has been purchased, the brushes cleaned, and the tape replenished. I hate taping and cutting in, but I couldn't be more excited about what awaits me tomorrow.
Friday the entire family - with the exception of the kids who will be staying here with Auntie Gina - is heading south. First stop? Cedar Bluff, Va to remove some family heirlooms from my grandmother's home before it is sold. My Dad would argue at the use of the word "heirlooms." In fact, I bet he's laughing his butt off at the thought. I think he'd probably refer to it as a bunch of junk. So let me rephrase. We're heading to Cedar Bluff to pick up a bunch of old musty crap from my Grandmother's house. Is that better, Pops? Second stop - Christiansburg. And here's where the really hard work begins. We've got to unpack our storage units and then load the entire contents of our home into a 26' truck and a 16' truck. Thank goodness Pops the engineer will be there to orchestrate this.
Saturday we officially move our life into our new house. Can I tell you how excited we are? We're thinking hard on how we plan to repay my sister and her family for allowing us to live in the basement for the past 4 months. I don't think we've been a lot of trouble - and I've tried to help out wherever I can - but I think they'll probably be happy to have us across town instead of downstairs. And I know without a doubt they'll be REALLY happy to see our dogs leave. What can I say? My dog is a royal pain the rumpus.
I've received numerous emails asking about Lois and her tubes. Why haven't I responded? Refer to paragraph #1, please. So here's the scoop. Lois did great. She was a real trooper. She was under for 50 minutes but ended up without any tubes. Dr. G wasn't able to get them in her ears. Her canals are just too small, too bony, and too rigid. The poor Dr. was mortified - he said it had never happened to him before. Unfortunately, he confirmed that she did indeed have tons of thick nasty fluid behind her eardrums and desperately needed a set of tubes. Just what I needed to hear. Baby girl's got a confirmed problem with no viable solution. Just great. We're heading to an Otologist - an ear guy - in the next few weeks who will hopefully provide us with a solution. So now you're up to date, friends.
I'll leave you with some pictures of my bean. No - they aren't her 11 month photo shoot. That photo session is going to have to wait until next week when we're in our own home. But this weekend we visited our new friends Kimy and Harley. (I'm sure they won't mind us using their first names.) Kimy and Harley are the parents of baby M - the one who had heart surgery in July? Although baby Maddy is 5 months younger than Lois, they look pretty stinkin cute together, don't they? See what I mean? Lois needs to put on some weight!!! Can't wait until Lois and Maddy are 18 years old and we can crack out these pictures.





Until next week, friends....
5 comments:
Auntie Gina is coming my dear children, I'm a coming.
Who is that good looking guy in these pictures?
Can't wait for you to get settled and post pics of the new house. So happy for you Catherine. And poor butter bean. Hope the ear problem gets worked out asap.
I'm so glad that you are finally in your new home!! Can't wait to come over and see it!!!
WOW! Lot's going on in your new life. The BEAN is the cutest thing!
L.D.
Post a Comment