* Mac had his first sponge bath. He hated every second of it and screamed his head off, so I'm really looking forward to bath attempt #2. He had some projectile vomit the other night that ended up all over him including in his hair, so bath #2 needs to happen soon or he will develop the dreaded "neck cheese" that Auntie Gina warns us about.
* His cord stump turned up missing the other day. We were relived it was gone already (Lois's hung on for 5 weeks and only then came off because a strange and kind neonatologist ripped it off) but were left wondering what had become of it. We're afraid one of the dogs might have eaten it. Sorry, Dad. I know, that's gross.
* His circumcision ring (feel free to google the term "plastibell") is still on his poor little pipper much to his mother's chagrin. NO ONE will be ripping that off.
* Mac was a great nurser - so much so in fact that he wanted to do it all day, every day. After a 24 hour stint on the couch with a baby attached to my boob and Lois staring at me from the floor with a definite stink eye, we moved on to formula. I cried a bucket of tears all over my sweet, understanding, supportive husband who took my hand and told me everything I needed to hear, took 2 percoset and went to bed. And today I couldn't feel better about the decision. Mommy guilt is a lot easier to handle the second time around, I've discovered.
* Lois has decided that her baby brother is hysterical and when he cries, she laughs. Better than a sympathetic crier like my good friend E. is dealing with right now - but I'm not sure it bodes well for the future. She is quite interested in touching him now, but isn't exactly the most gentle, delicate flower when she does so. She prefers to rake her fingernails down his arm.
* I'm considering changing the name of the blog to: The Butter Bean and the Butter Ball.
* Mac needs to make it back to his birth weight by today's appointment with the pediatrician. Using the mathematical formula I was given for my "failure to thrive", G-tube enhanced daughter, I know he needs at least 23 oz. a day. He's taking about 21 oz. I don't know it that's bad or good, but my biggest fear is that sweet Dr. S is going to tell me I have to start waking him in the night to feed him. We are so blessed he sleeps as well as he does. If she mutters those words to me, I may drop to the floor of the exam room and curl up in the fetal position until she finds some other way to get my child the calories he needs.
Until the stars align and I have another 10 minutes of freedom....
3 comments:
This child has only had 1 bath... the YaYa has allowed it??? Glad to hear you are all settling into a nice routine, and that Lois is entertaining thoughts of liking her Big Brother. Hope the ped. appt. goes well, and so glad to hear he is sleeping so well. Both of your kids good sleeper?!? Don't spread that around to new Mom's will ya, it may cause immediate breakdown.
G
Glad to hear Lois is acclimating to the alien in her home. Hope those siblings decide to allow you some sleep some time soon. I hear that 12 lbs is the magic number for sleep, so maybe you'll hear some good news today at the doctor. Hope he's reached his birthweight!
Your last precious 10 minutes were consumed with talking to me. Sorry. You know all will be fine. So glad the YaYa is still with you. Christmas sounds like a good time for her to head north, not before. Sleep when you can, laugh when you can, and cry when you need to.
LOTS of LOVE
The Green One
Post a Comment