I made a marathon trip to WalMart this afternoon for our monthly groceries as well as items we'll need for our beach trip. $300 dollars later I came home to find Jay watching video footage of Lois. Although I just returned from a trip to Pennsylvania to visit with Yaya and Pops, they didn't get to see Lois's latest trick - walking behind her cart unassisted. So we took some video to share with them which my husband edited and posted to our blog. Had I been here, I would not have allowed that to happen. Why, you ask? Because when I watch the footage - although my girl is super cute - all I see is the toy strewn floor. Jay is wearing his Target robot pjs and Lois - who owns a thousand pretty dresses - is in her jammies, too. Not the best representation of the Hogan household or it's inhabitants. But you know what? This is what everyday life in our home looks like - and I bet most of you can relate. So enjoy Lois and her wobbly walking and cute smile. But just for me - try to look past the less than perfect surroundings. OK?
P.S. Yes, she desperately needs a haircut. It's a situation (as Auntie Gina would say).
6 years ago
1 comment:
That is great Lois!
I really like how she navigated over the carpet and didn't get frustrated when the going was tough--it's hard to push over carpet. And look! No toys in the kitchen--all the toys are on the playroom floor--clear evidence that you have a portion of your house clean.
I couldn't tell that Jay's jammies were robots, but I like them better now that I know. And I actually prefer babies in stripey jammies better than dresses. And that giggle at the end is the BEST! I'm going to have to come over there to watch her in person!
Post a Comment