(Have you ever noticed that when you were a kid and someone asked you how old you were there was no need for any thought? And now asking my age requires a quick subtraction problem. Sad.)
As usual, Jay requested his favorite sandwich for dinner - a chicken breast soaked in Frank's Red Hot and melted butter. Getting near the saucepan makes my eyes water. The rest of us - me, the butter bean, Yaya, Andy, and Maggie had tamale pie which although spicy, doesn't have quite the same intensity as Jay's face melting hot sauce. Lois seems to have inherited her father's fondness for savory foods - so a little chilli powder doesn't bother her. But I think we'll wait a while before trying the buffalo chicken sandwich.
Here's the birthday boy with his bean - and just for fun, let's compare this year's birthday photo to last year's:

Look at what a tiny little peanut she was!
Jay got the ultimate geek toy for this birthday - a gift from the whole family:
Our second birthday celebration was for our good friend Maddy who turned a year old on Saturday. With the crazy schedule we've been keeping these days I was so glad we were able to be there to celebrate with our friends. Maddy is an amazing little nugget - she's come a long way, and I'm so happy we've been there to see her transformation.
Lois preferred to hang out with her Daddy at the party. Perhaps she was worried Maddy might have the audacity to try to touch her again.
She enjoyed playing on the Stagner's playground equipment with Daddy. No chance of Momma climbing up the sliding board at the moment.
And a swing is always BIG fun. Love how she has her feet crossed...
Take note of those sweet little Keds sneakers. More on that to follow.....
3 comments:
Ahh, the Birthday Boy now makes so much more sense now that I know the actual date! I wasn't paying attention on FB!
Glad you had lots of birthday fun!
Happy Belated Birthday Jay!! Cool new toy! My favorite app is Shazam! No, I don't have an iPhone, but I've seen this program in action and it ROCKS!
OMG I love the cup on a string! I am stopping at CVS on the way home to get one! Olivia is CONSTANTLY throwing her cup and it makes us batty.
Happy belated birthday Jay!
Post a Comment