Tomorrow morning our dear, dear Miss Kate flies off for the adventure of a lifetime. After an overnight stay in Philadelphia, Kate is journeying to Amman, Jordan as a Peace Corps volunteer. She'll be working at an orphanage for special needs children, and I fully anticipate that Kate will come home in 2 years with 15 kids in tow.
Kate has stayed with Lois so I could run errands with Mac, stayed with Mac so I could take Lois to doctor appointments, stayed with both kids so I could attend PTA meetings, made it possible for me to get some much needed alone time, and even stayed with our dogs for an entire week while we were at the beach. I can't imagine what the past several months would have been like without her help.
Kate, thanks for loving my girl.
I hope your adventures in Jordan are life changing. Those sweet children have NO idea how lucky they are.
We are your forever friends, Kate.
xoxoxoxox
C and L
3 comments:
I met Kate once and I decided that I want to be her when I grow up. To be that composed and brave at such a young age is amazing. Go get 'em, Kate.
We've both go great girls, don't we? Thanks for loving MY girl.
For lack of a better way to send you this link, don't forget to put Lois into the Parenting Magazine online gallery of our angels...
http://www.parenting.com/article/Child/Health/A-Special-Joy-2009-Kids-With-Down-Syndrome-Galleries
Post a Comment