We're going to make this quick because my ability to compose complete sentences is quickly leaving me...
Buddy Walk = Awesome!

Lois = Adorable! Am I wrong?
Lois was so excited she gave her Daddy a BIG kiss. (We're still working on the whole closed mouth kiss thing.....)
What did Mac think of the festivities? I think this photo about sums it up.

Here is Team Butter Bean on the track doing a lap. That would be Aunt Marpa and Uncle Scootie and Andy and Maggie and Auntie Gina and Uncle Jimmy and Livvy and Mac. YaYa and Pops had already called it a day and Jay and I were with the Butter Bean. Where was the Butter Bean, you ask?

She had to wait in line for almost an hour to make her short walk across the stage and missed lunch. So while the rest of the team was actually walking, Lois was doing this:

My girl loves a hot dog, you know.
We had an additional member of Team Butter Bean this year. My good friend Gretchen drove the whole way from New York City to surprise us. It was a great surprise and I have her to thank for many of these great pictures. Thanks Gretchen!
A few more photos from the day....




Finally, at the last minute we got a tip on a location where we could park and wait for Lois's billboard to appear. As you'll see from the photo, Lois's photo was larger than life on the billboard right outside of the Hooters. We're so proud.
The photo is crappy because it is an electronic billboard and hard to photograph, but you'll get the general idea.
We are so thankful to all of you who made donations to support the DSAGR in Lois's honor. I'm working on thank you notes. Seriously. I am. Don't even think about posting a comment and telling me that I don't need to thank you. I'll feel guilty if I don't do it. The guilt will keep me up at night. And frankly, I don't need any help in that department these days.
3 comments:
Well if you all are up all night already, mind if I send down a fuzzy black and white friend who needs to go outside and have his diaper changed about as often as Mac does. Excuse me can't say diaper Jim says that hurts Winston's feelings so we call them his pants. The pictures are great, thanks Gretchen. Who knew Richmond could be cold in October, I blame global warming. I had a great weekend, to fast but much fun. Thank you for having us.
What about the Butterbean's birthday? Any photos or news on that? Can it really be two years???
What a fun weekend! Thanks again for having me.
Post a Comment