Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Go Ahead. Make my Day.


The night I wrote my last blog post I made a new recipe for dinner. It's the very first time since I've known him that Jay couldn't eat something I made him. The dogs got 3/4 of a crockpot full of autumn sausage casserole. It was gross.


Mac was up last night from midnight until Jay took him downstairs at 6am. He slept for 20 minute stretches here and there, but basically he was awake and unhappy. As was I. SERIOUSLY unhappy.

But my back feels better today. The DSAGR newsletter got finished and is being edited as we speak. Our cat has made a miraculous recovery from whatever strange malady caused her to briefly check out. And the laundry is caught up - at last.

But tomorrow night Jay isn't coming home from work. He's staying in Charlottesville to meet Uncle Scootie and go see U2 in concert. I've recruited dear Miss Kate to come help me get my kids into bed, so I shouldn't be as panic ridden as I feel. I think I have a minor case of PTSD from all this bedtime drama. Poor Mac has an ugly rash on his pipper that I've been treating with a variety of creams and ointments. None of them seem to be working. Yesterday I tried Lotrimin and a slightly angry looking rash metamorphosed overnight into a RED, ANGRY, BUMPY mess of ugliness on his nether regions. I really would prefer that his pipper not fall off, so I guess we've got to get to a doctor tomorrow. Add that to Lois's morning at school and the aforementioned U2 concert, and Momma AINT happy yet again
.

Want to make me feel better? Want to put a smile on my sleep deprived face? Please consider making a pledge to Lois's Buddy Walk page. The big event is next weekend and we are only halfway to our goal. If you've already donated, we are beyond grateful - and you'll receive a card in the mail detailing that gratefulness shorty after the Buddy Walk. But if you haven't yet visited Lois's firstgiving site, why not click this link , see a cute picture of the Butter Bean, and donate a few bucks to the little stinker. We, and all of our friends with Down Syndrome here in Richmond, would be eternally grateful for your support. No donation is too small. Seriously. If everyone who visits this blog tomorrow donates $5.00, we'll bring in a cool $200. It adds up, my friends!

Wish me luck with my solo flight tomorrow night, won't you?

No comments: