When Lois is crabby, I've got all kinds of tricks I use to try to pacify her. Usually she gets crabby when she wants to eat, which frankly, is quite often. (She's just like her Momma.) But there are other times when she just needs a change of scenery. Or a pacifier. Or some butt thumping. Or some rocking. Or a change of position. I spend all day every day with her, so I'm getting pretty good at figuring out which of my tricks to apply at any given time.
So last night I had to run out to the store for some heavy cream to add to the vodka pasta sauce. (Not very healthy, but super yummy. Did I mention we like to eat?) Lois stayed here with her Daddy and was a little cranky as I was leaving. When I get home, she's laying on the sofa with no pants on. That's right. Daddy's fool proof method to calming a cranky baby is to take her pants off. He says - and I quote - pants are evil. How stupid is this? Can you think of a single baby book that mentions stripping a baby's lower extremities in order to calm her? The really stupid thing is....it works. I don't know why or how, but it works. See how her arms and legs are blurry in the picture? That's because she's busy doing a little happy dance. She was happy as a bug in a rug.
I think I'm going to try this next time I have to go to the DMV. Maybe if I strip off my britches, the hour long wait for a change of address won't seem quite so bad.
1 comment:
hahahahah!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment