
I forgot to address the fact that Lois is a celebrity now! I was so excited her picture was chosen - and so excited that Parenting.com decided to display these photos for Down Syndrome awareness month. I failed to mention at the time that this photo was actually taken by Auntie Gina whose photography skills have been much maligned on this very blog. So let's all give a big shout out to Auntie G and her Digital Rebel XTi and it's telephoto lens.
I also wanted to thank MamaC, a faithful blog reader and mother of a DS child herself , who told me about this opportunity in a blog comment. She also informed me that I could submit more than one photo - which is what I ended up doing. So although "Sitting on Hardwoods" was the winner of our blog poll, I submitted all 5 of the photo finalists to Parenting.com - and apparently they liked Granny Beans the best!
On a related topic, I got to meet MamaC's mother while I was home in PA last week which was pretty darn cool. Looking forward to meeting MamaC herself someday.
2 comments:
I look forward to meeting you also! Let me know next time you are in York and we will make a trip down! I am always looking for excuses to go "home"!
OMG!!! that is so cool... but then what am I saying of course she won! she is so sweet!
Post a Comment