Monday, October 6, 2008

Q & A

Another frequently asked question....


Q: Is Lois's Auntie Gina your sister?


A: No. Not really. I've only got one sister and that would be Lois's Aunt Marpa. (Martha). But Gina is like family. Gina and I met in the summer of 1991 at Camp Echo Trail. She was the camp nurse and I was the camp art director. We became fast friends and misbehaved all summer long. (There was an incident with some missing Hershey Bars and an entire sheet cake that Gina would love to tell you about. ) So since that fateful summer, Gina has been my best buddy. And since I was 6 hours away in Southwest Virginia, she became good buddies with my Mom who was in York. And since her daughter and Andy were born 6 months apart, Gina and Martha became good buddies. So she's really like part of the family now. She vacations with us, celebrates birthdays and holidays with us, and knows the Steele family "lingo." Gina is the sister I got to choose.

And the above photo was one of the few I could find that I knew I could post on this blog without causing an international incident. Suffice it to say, Auntie Gina is a tad camera shy. But if she ever really makes me mad, I've got lots of ammo. Just keep that in mind, OK?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You made me shed a tear or two. Not as many as you shed over Sex in the City movie. I am very honored to be called a chosen sister. You also are mine.I got 2 sisters with you and Mart. That faithful day at camp brought so much joy to my, and my family's life. I am very thankful for you and your family. Keep it coming, afterall it is "The Year of Gina".

Anonymous said...

I see the resemblance :)