Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Screamgate 2008


Lois has been screaming for a week. No lie. When she's eating, she doesn't scream. When we take her out of the house, she doesn't scream. But when she's sitting playing with her toys, or sitting in your lap, it's a scream fest. She doesn't cry. She just screams. A lot. And it's getting old. Fast.

We've done our best to try to figure out what is causing the screaming. Here's a day by day list of our theories.

Day 1 - Her ears are full of fluid and bothering her. We see our pediatrician for our 12 month check up and she gives us an antibiotic prescription just in case. We know she has fluid in her ears, so this theory holds a lot of promise.

Day 2 - Antibiotics aren't helping. In fact, we're both allergic to amoxicillin - maybe that's why she's screaming? We put the antibiotics in the trash.

Day 3 - Has she pooped in a few days? She must be constipated! No wonder she's screaming. We feed her a huge amount of peas for dinner.

Day 4 - Peas work their magic. She's still screaming. Now what?

Day 5 - She's screaming for fun. She likes the sound it makes. I scream back at her which seems to confuse her and make her stop screaming. For a while.

Day 6 - She's screaming because she wants to crawl and can't get the hang of it. We spend most of the day in the floor working on it. I'm pretty sure she's screaming now because she's pissed off.

Day 7 - She's screaming because she's teething. But I can't feel a darn thing in her mouth except the remnants of the morning's cheesy poofs.

Day 8 - She's screaming to torture me. It's working.

Still no answers. I just can't figure it out - but I'm going to keep trying. I hope it's just a phase she's going through. Like when she learned to make a Chewbacca sound. That was a fun couple of days.....

Got to go find some cotton for my ears. I'll let you know if tomorrow brings any new theories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I bet you ARE about ready to pull your hair out!! That would drive anyone crazy!! Hope you figure out what is going on soon, while you still have some sanity left!