Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Fail.

A beach week recap is in the works, but allow me to post some pics from our annual beach photo shoot in order to illustrate my favorite photographic technique. I fire off pictures as quickly as my camera can take them. I usually end up with 40 pictures of the same thing - and in those 40, I'll end up with one scrap worthy (or in this case, blog-worthy) photo. However, sometimes this plan doesn't work and I end up with 40 supremely crappy photos and a serious case of the pouts. Case and point:

I caught Lois and Maggie hanging out on the couch while everyone else was posing for pictures. This was a Kodak moment not to be missed so I started firing away. After 20 seconds I was sure I had captured an uber sweet moment between the two of them. Alas, I was wrong.


Lois was clapping her hands with such enthusiasm they ended up as fuzzy blurs. Plus - that silly tongue invades my photos WAY too often. We're working on it in speech therapy, but that tongue is like an old friend to Lois and I think she's having a hard time saying goodbye.


Now instead of just Lois and her hands being out of focus, I managed to get them both of out focus. Considering I was using auto focus, I'm not sure I can explain what happened here. Lois's face cracks me up in this picture. What a ham.


I managed to get Maggie in focus - what a cute smile! But Lois is still rather fuzzy and look who is back. Gene Simmons is in the house!



So close - and yet so far. Lois is in focus - looking cute. The tongue isn't too objectionable. But now Maggie is out of focus. *sigh


Here's where Lois decided she was tired of all of this and she needed her Daddy to rescue her. Blurry hands. Maggie out of focus. Somebody help me!

So many of you ask me how I get such good pictures of Lois and Mac to post here. Now you know. For every one good photo - there are hundreds of these. The delete button on my camera is starting to show some wear.

2 comments:

Just Add Walter said...

haha... sometimes those pictures are the ones you love the most!!

Kim M said...

Here I was thinking you were a photo guru, now I know your secret, glad to know you are human too! I love the shots even though they have a slight blur, you could make them black and white, sometimes that hides the blur.