A: OK - that's "HOOS" your Daddy, people. As in Wahoos - the nickname of a University of Virginia fan. Jay is a graduate of UVA and is therefore a Wahoo. My sister is a Wahoo. Actually, the original Lois - my Gran - was a Wahoo, too. Just to further confuse those of you who live on the west coast, or even worse, overseas - my Dad and I are Hokies. Hokies don't like Wahoos. But in our family, we manage to peacefully coexist.
Funny that you would question Lois's paternity since my own Dr. Witchy-Poo did the same thing. I have Rh negative blood. If the baby daddy also has Rh negative blood, then any child created by the two of you will have it too and there is no problem. But if one parent is Rh negative and one Rh positive, there can be complications during the birth process. No big deal - you just have to have a shot in your butt in your 3rd trimester. I had kind of forgotten about all of this when Witchy Poo told me to turn around a bend over for my shot. I told her I thought Jay was negative as well in which case I didn't need the shot. I tried to call him to confirm, but he wasn't at his desk. I then remembered having the shot during my pregnancy with Lois, so I told Witchy Poo he must be positive and to go ahead and give me the shot. She said, "I was going to give it to you anyway, regardless of what type of blood Jay had."
"Uh...why?"
"Because Baby Daddys aren't always who we think they are." And then she jammed the shot in my butt and left the room without another word.
What a peach.
1 comment:
Hello. I'm not sure how I stumbled upon your blog, but have been enjoying it for a couple of months now. I think Lois is so, so cute! Our daughter, Finley, was diagnosed with Ds at birth. It was a total shock. We are adjusting well and more importantly, she is doing well. It's nice to follow the progression of another cutie -- your Lois. Have a wonderful weekend.
Post a Comment