Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Bad Hair Day


Daddy did my hair last night. Can you tell?

Let's be perfectly frank, it really isn't his fault. When all you have to work with is a long, thin strip right down the center of her head, it's difficult to get it right. This is certainly not a new problem. Back in the NICU, Harriet had trouble with Lois's locks - or lack thereof . One nurse even tried a pink bow. (You can imagine how well that went over with me.) The landing strip on top of her head just seems to have a mind of it's own. Left to it's own devices, it sticks straight up, leaving Lois looking something like a pie faced cockatoo.

Every time I give her a bath, I give passing thought to getting out the scissors and lightening the load up there. But apparently, if I cut her hair before she's one, she won't learn to talk. That's an old wive's tale someone told me recently. So, I'm leaving that fertile patch to it's own devices. And when she does learn to talk, her first words will probably be "Girlfriend needs a trim!"

But until then Daddy, try using a comb before it dries, OK?

2 comments:

Teressa said...

What a face with the "daddy do" she is sporting. Like she is saying... MOMMY HELP ME!!! Look what daddy did to me.

I love my daily Lois fix.

Anonymous said...

too cute!! that looks like Paige's hair when she was Lois's age....Paige had a "comb over" for the longest time...her hair now has a natural part :)