Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Cousin Andy



I decided it just wouldn't be kosher to have a post here about Cousin Maggie and not include one about her brother, Cousin Andy. He's a man of many names. His sister calls him D-D. I call him Pooper. Gran calls hin pumpkin-knot. But he's recently earned the title "Rock God" by teaching Uncle Jay and I how to play Guitar Hero. (If only I could earn a living standing in front of the TV with a plastic guitar strapped to my chest.)

Andy also gets props for being a big fan of his new baby cousin. This picture cracks me up - look at the way Lois is looking at him?! (I anticipate she'll wear that expression for years to come as a member of this family!) Andy doesn't want to pick out her clothes or her bibs like Maggie does. But he enjoys coaxing a Gene Simmons imitation out of her. (His Momma just HAD to show him a picture of the real thing.)

So when we visited for Easter, Andy was working on a new Lego contraption while the Ya-Ya was holding Lois. He came over to check her out with a small Lego man in his hands. Ya-Ya told him that very soon, Lois would be quite interested in grabbing that Lego man and sticking it in her mouth. She mentioned that at the beach this summer, we would have to be very careful not to leave any small things lying around or Lois might pop them in her yapper and choke on them. Andy's response?

"Gosh. Maybe we should just keep her in a cardboard box?!"

That's downright cruel, Andy! I think a laundry basket will be much more comfortable.

1 comment:

Andy said...

It was not cruel, Cappy! All I was doing was giving you some advice but I do think a laundry basket is another good suggestion. If she keeps up being Bunsen, Beaker might have to come to the beach soon.

p.s. I'm' going to beat your new high score on Paint It Black! Beat that, Cappy!