Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lois is 8 months old!


The long awaited photo shoot took place this morning and here are the heavily photoshopped results. The light just aint right in this basement. We have a huge sliding glass door that lets in lots of light, but the wall color down here is some sick shade of camel and it just did funny things to Lois's skin tone. I tried to work some magic in photoshop. I've volunteered to paint these heinous walls, but my sis says no. She says she's going to gut the whole basement so we shouldn't bother. I imagine there will be a time when I'm a bit nostalgic for this basement and will be sad to see it - and my memories of it - gutted. But I think that time is pretty far off in the future for now.

Believe it or not, our house in the 'burg is STILL not on the market. Remember Art - as in "I heart Art?" Well - I don't heart him quite as much anymore. Our house was supposed to hit the market on Monday after Art spent the previous week "doing his thang" with the tile. On Monday morning he hadn't even started. On Tuesday afternoon the old tiles had been removed. At least we're getting somewhere. It's the last time I pay someone ahead of time, that's for sure. Here's hoping he's finished by Sunday so that next Monday it can officially hit the "hot sheet" as my Realtor calls it. The jury is still out on 'ole Art. I'll let you know.

So you can see by this photo that the bean has started sitting up. It's progress. But if a stiff wind came by, she'd be flat on her face. She won't catch herself when she's falling, and she continues to arch her back and throw herself backwards quite violently. People tell me that their kids did the same thing. But in my twisted mind it means that Lois's back will never be able to support the massive weight of that melon head of hers and she'll never learn to sit up. Her new Early Intervention Infant Educator is coming today and I'm looking forward to talking to her. I swear I think Lois is regressing. If you put her on her tummy she used to lift her body up with her arms. Now she just lays there like a slug and cries with her face buried in the bedspread. (Not unlike what I did on Monday afternoon when she was such a pill.) What's up with that? Can a kid regress?





She has mastered a few new things in the past month. She's in love with her feet. Always trying to grab them, even at inopportune moments. Like when she's sitting in a high chair eating prunes. Not a good time to say hello to the tooties, Lois. She also is a champion spitter now. We need to try to get a recording of this for posterity. It's rather endearing. Messy, but endearing.



Don't tell anyone, but I cut her hair. Can you tell? The piece in the very front was getting so long it was hanging in her eyes. I just gave it a little trim. It can just be our little secret. We'll call it her summer cut. She's got lots of hair growing in , but it's looking more and more odd by the day. Some patches are more dense than others. Some are longer than others. And every once in a while, it looks like the back is trying to be curly. I hope she escapes that fate. Two curly headed stubborn women is more than poor Jay needs.

Happy 8 months, Butter Bean!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mama Bean, that's why they're called "baby steps." One step forward, two steps back. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Lois IS a baby.

Love the pics; She's got your thighs. ;0

DM