Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Q & A

I've been asked this question a lot lately:

Why aren't there any pictures of YOU and Lois on the blog?

There's an easy answer to that question. Because there aren't any! Because I'm always the one behind the camera. It's not like I'm a selfish cow and don't want anyone else to use my camera. It's just that no one ever seems to volunteer. And so it doesn't happen. I know I will regret this someday.

There is, in fact, only one picture of me and Lois in existence:


Good Lord! Look how tiny she is! This was taken at Christmas. Why do my glasses look tinted? I hate that. And what's with the curl hanging down the center of my forehead? I look like Squiggy from Laverne and Shirley.

OK. In all honesty, sometimes Jay does pick up my camera and try to capture some everyday Kodak moments that occur around our house. But inevitably I end up with a photo that looks like this:

That's me at Jay's company Christmas party last year. Nice shot, isn't it? You're wondering exactly how many Gin and Tonics, he'd had, aren't you. The sad news is, I'm pretty sure he was stone cold sober.

My best friend in the world, Regina Marie doesn't win any prizes for her photography skills, either. Here is some of her best work. A great shot of me at a babyshower in York:


And Andy at the beach last summer:



I love, love, love my friend. But Ansel Adams, she aint.

Now in the interest of full disclosure (and before Regina Marie highjacks my blog to post the REAL story) there have been a handful of photos taken of me and my sweet daughter that haven't quite made the cut. I'm rather particular about seeing myself in a photo - and if more than 3 chins are plainly visible, I hit delete. Can you blame me people? But I'm afraid that in the interest of preserving my self esteem, I've left myself with no photographic evidence of my first 6 months with the bean.

So today I'm vowing to change all of that and press my sister and Jay and even Regina Marie into taking as many photos of me and Lois and Jay as possible. We're heading to the beach together in a few weeks and I'm going to INSIST that every day, someone catch a shot of me and bean. I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

I'm leaving you with a shot of the Queen of Cute herself:


I'm glad she doesn't have the same rules about the chins - or this one wouldn't make the cut!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i'll take pictures of you and lois when i go back to school!