Do you remember me mentioning that there is a playgroup here in Richmond for families with children under the age of 5 with DS? Lois and I got to go to a playgroup meeting for the first time this week. There were only 2 other babies there, but we had a really nice time! We met at Maymont Park at the Children' Farm and sat under a big shady tree. Lois and I sat on a beautiful quilt my Mom's friend B made for us, and enjoyed the chocolate chip banana bread that our new friend E brought along to share. (Don't panic people, Lois didn't eat it. I did. But now that I think about it, what am I going to do when I have to share stuff like that? )
This is sweet baby E who was born in mid December of last year. So if Lois had decided to stay put for the full 40 weeks, she would be a few weeks older than E. That being said, our little chunk of cheese has about 5 pounds on baby E. E is such a petite little girl! The funny thing is, the first time we all met, E's Mom went home panicking because E is so little, and I went home panicking that Lois is such a tub of lard. My girl is solid, that's for sure. Aren't they just adorable together? I think they both are just fine - don't you?
You might have noticed that Lois's 9 month birthday has come and gone and there are no Baxter Bunny shots posted here yet. Well, I haven't taken any yet. It's been a frightfully busy week here at Chez Hogan. She's looking pretty darn cute right now, so maybe we'll run upstairs and find some good light and take a few pictures.
Tomorrow we leave for the Outer Banks, assuming I get all of my chores taken care of today, and Jay and I have enough clean underwear to last us 7 days. My call for some larger bathing suits for Lois was heard loud and clear by all family members, and she is now the proud owner of a dozen swimsuits. She also has 2 beach coverups, 2 inflatable pool toys with sun shades, and of course, her red sunglasses. I think she's ready. Sure wish her parents were.
1 comment:
The little girl who couldn't drink on her own is now eatig cereal?! Awwww... She's such a doll Glad to see her making friends.
Post a Comment