But we did take some time on Sunday to go to the Hogan family reunion in Roanoke. This is Jay's Dad's side of the family (obviously) and from what I hear, it was the first time the siblings had all been together in quite some time.
Here's our little bean with her Grandad Hogan. We're kind of bummed to be moving away from him, as we figure Lois would have a grand ole time fishing and riding the lawn mower with Grandad. Look at the fat sausage roll of an arm. Sheesh.
Here's all of the Hogan siblings (there are 2 sisters I didn't mention) and their children, and the grandchildren that attended the reunion. That's Jay and Lois on the far right. I had to take a close up shot so Lois could see what a great time she had meeting her extended family.
That's right. Lois slept right through the pictures. Slept through Jay picking her up and putting her back down about ten times. I would like to point out - just for the record - that she's wearing a dress. Not hot pants and a belly shirt as it appears in this photo.
Lois woke up toward the end of our visit and flashed her blue eyes at her relatives and charmed them all. She's good at that. Takes after her Daddy. Can't tell you how many people told me they wouldn't have recognized Jay ( since he's managed to gain 50 pounds since we met) except for his eyes. He's got some dreamy eyes. *sigh*
Back to the packing.....
1 comment:
Catherine, it is great to see Lois with her Grampa Hogan. I have told him many times that every father needs a girl. He looks happy with Lois. Betty
Post a Comment