Since we are getting ourselves ready to pull out of town in a few days, we've been trying to see as many of our friends before we go as possible. We had a great visit with our friends A and N the other night. A was actually a student in my fifth grade class 13 years ago. He's now a 23 year old Iraqi war veteran and one of the funniest people I know. Before I met Jay, A was my handyman, my dinner companion, and one of my best buddies. (I guess it would only be kosher to let Jay fill those roles these days.) But A and his friend N have rescued Jay and I from many a sticky situation over the past several years. I'm not sure there is any request too wacky for these particular friends.
When I was hospitalized before Lois was born, we quickly realized that we have quite the circle of support here in the 'burg. We had to call on lots of people to help us out and not a single one said no. This is what is bothering me most about our impending move. There's no circle for us in Richmond. We've got my sister and her family, and believe me, that's a lot. But who am I going to call when I need help with my garage sale? Who will come climb scarily tall ladders for me?
A and N, I hope you realize what your friendship means to Jay and I and just how much we are going to miss you. And that goes for all of our dear friends here in Christiansburg. It is truly painful to leave you all. Our door (as soon as we graduate from the basement and have one of our own again) will ALWAYS be open to you. And don't give away our spot in the circle. We just may be back some day to refill it.
1 comment:
That is so touching!!!! If your friends A and N didn't know how you, Jay and Lois felt they do know.
But where are you going? why are you leaving? Did I miss something somewhere?
Post a Comment