Sunday, May 11, 2008

It's all about My Man....




Let's give the Ho a big hand. He went out there a got himself a new job. A higher paying job. An interesting job. A job with future potential. A job with excellent benefits. A job that will allow me to stay at home with Lois and not force us to live in a cardboard box and eat packing peanuts.

But it's a job that's NOT in Christiansburg. It's a job that's in Charlottesville.

That's right. Jay and I are packing up and moving. We're leaving this sweet little town that I've lived in for the past 18 years. Leaving behind a lot of fabulous memories and some even better friends. I'm having a little trouble with this decision. I love, love, love everything about where I live. When you are a teacher in a small town, you're a "somebody." I can't go anywhere in town without running into someone I know - be it a former student, a parent, or a fellow teacher. Christiansburg is one of the safest towns in the entire country. (It's true!) And our sweet little house fits our family and furry friends just fine. So why on earth would we give all this up?

For this sweet face. So her Momma can be her day care worker. So she'll grow up with her cousins right down the road. So she'll have every single possible opportunity we can find for her. It's not really all about my man. It's all about Lois.

Jay starts his new job in Charlottesville the day after Memorial Day. He'll be bunking it in with my sister in Richmond for the time being - commuting an hour both ways - and coming home on the weekends to help me get this house ready to sell. Once it's ready, we'll abandon ship and hope our real estate agent can work some magic. I can't imagine trying to keep the house clean while I'm home alone with baby girl and 2 dogs and 2 cats. So our plan is to live in my sister's basement until the house sells. Thank goodness they have an empty basement and thank goodness they like us. Here's hoping we all don't kill each other.

It's going to be an adventure, right? Right?

No comments: