Thursday, May 8, 2008

Baby Yeti


Those of you who know me well know that I am NOT a morning person. In fact, my rude and unpleasant manner in the mornings has earned me the nickname "The Yeti" from my family. In Tibetan, the word yeti means "magical creature", but it is the more common definition of a Yeti - that of a hairy abominable snowman like creature that roams the mountains of Tibet searching for fresh blood - that my family felt best described my early morning disposition. I admit it - I just can't seem to get my act together upon waking in the mornings. So I'm grouchy. I'm rude. I grunt instead of speaking. And my hair? Well, let's not even go there. My hair is yeti-esque when I actually style it. Imagine what it might look like after a night of tossing and turning on my pillow. Just imagine Don King with curls.

These shots were taken at Christmas last year. My sister and I have a great time thinking of stupid things to write on gift tags. But this has to be one of the best she's ever come up with. When Andy looked at it, he knew exactly who the gift was for. And this was inside the box:

My own little Yeti necklace. I haven't worn it yet - but I know that the right occasion will present itself soon.

Have some pity for poor Jay, everyone. He has to deal with the Yeti every morning. He's learned quite a bit about the best way to negotiate the morning hours with me since we've been married. It's pretty simple, really. Don't talk to me. Don't look at me. Whatever you do - don't make fun of me. I only need about 30 minutes to wake up, and then the Yeti is gone and I can proceed with my day.

What does this have to do with Lois? At my babyshower, I opened a package from my sister to find this staring at me:
It's my very own Yeti shirt. (I know - it took me a minute, too.) She bought Lois a baby Yeti shirt which my girl wore for the first time yesterday. So, without further ado, here is the baby Yeti:


I love how it looks like she's growling! GRRR! Scare those villagers, Lois! I think Jay is hoping and praying that he doesn't have another Yeti on his hands. One Yeti per household is quite enough, I think.

1 comment:

heatherk said...

LOVE the story and what a CUTE outfit Lois has---absolutely adorable!!!
:)